Skin care is essential especially for obtaining youthful skin as you age. Think about infants. Babies have smooth and soft skin, which is considered to be wrinkle free. Over time, harsh elements in the environment make skin tough, wrinkled and dry.
As you age, sagging and lines take place on the skin which makes you feel worried and stressed. However, proper skin care can effectively slow down the harmful effects brought by time and the harsh environment.
In-depth Understanding on How Skin Operates
Before you attempt to obtain the best skin care, it is very important to know more about how your skin operates. The skin consists of 3 layers, which includes the subcutaneous layer, dermis, and the epidermis.
- The subcutaneous layer is the innermost layer of the skin, which contains tissues such as fat cells that insulate the body.
- The dermis is considered to be the middle layer, which contains the connective tissue of the skin.
- The epidermis is considered as the outermost layer of your skin, which has the main purpose of protecting the inner skin from different environment contaminants. Cells that are found in this layer become thinner over the years.
Before you decide to plan out a proper skincare regimen you need to make sure you’re completely familiar with these three important layers of skin.
Keep in mind that as less collagen is produced in your skin; expect that your skin may eventually lose its elasticity. This may cause sagging of the skin and the appearance of wrinkles and lines. A number of sweat glands also decrease over time which leads to dryer skin.
The Skin Types
Skin types include sensitive, dry, oily and normal. There are some people who have a combination of skin types in different areas of their skin.
- Dry Skin Type
- Combination Skin Type
- Normal Skin Type
Skin Care Takes Effort and Time
Good skin care requires patience, time and a huge amount of effort. Here are some of the things you need to do to obtain healthy skin:
- Your skin care regimen through moisturizing and cleaning needs to be followed consistently to make it effective on your skin. Pick a convenient time of day and clean/moisturize every day at the same time.
- Understand that tanning & sunbathing may provide short-term benefits to your appearance, however, there may be long-term side effects if not kept in moderation.
- If you spend time in the sun you need to apply sunscreen containing minimum SPF for your skin type.
- A healthy diet needs to be followed to improve skin elasticity.
- Smoking activity needs to be avoided in your skin care regimen.
- You also need to drink enough water since which can clean your pores and re-hydrate your skin to keep it moist.
Maintaining an overall healthy lifestyle can be an essential addition to your skincare regime towards beautiful, smooth and younger looking skin. York Medical Spa offers the best skin care products and treatments that will help your skin to look healthy and young.
We have professional skin care specialists who are well trained in offering their clients with high-quality skin care treatments. Call today to learn more!