Regardless of whether you’re a man or woman we’ve all experienced how unpleasant shaving can be. It’s time-consuming, is can cause bumps, ingrown hairs, and buying razors all the time can add up to become expensive.
By now you’ve probably heard the hype around laser hair removal and it sounds great! Laser hair removal is a permanent solution to a constantly annoying problem. However, is laser treatments really worth the money and the time?
Pros of Shaving:
- One of the pros to shaving is that it’s pretty quick. If you’re already in the shower and going through your morning routine, it might only cost you an extra 10 minutes.
- Shaving is really easy. There’s no denying that you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to shave. All you need is a sharp razor and shaving cream
- Shaving should be painless. Just run a razor over the unwanted hair and you’re good to go!
- You can shave anywhere. As long as you’re around a water source, you should be good for a quick shave.
Cons of Shaving
- The worst part about shaving is that you can create an ingrown hair. In case you’ve never experienced an ingrown hair; it is exactly like it sounds. Shaving can change the direction that the hair follicle grows to leave your hair to literally grow beneath your skin.
- Not all skin types support shaving. Some people have extra sensitive skin and shaving will irritate the skin immediately, showing noticeable redness.
- For some people who shave too much, dark spots can be left behind from only shaving hair from the surface of their skin.
- Shaving only lasts for a few days. For some people, shaving is a daily procedure, which means shaving can become expensive.
- Shaving might not be the safest procedure. After all, men have to take a razor to their necks to get some of those tough spots.
It’s pretty easy to see that the cons to shaving can easily outweigh the pros. Let’s take a look at laser hair removal.
Laser Hair Removal Pro
- The procedure reduces hair growth long term.
- Laser hair removal is a very quick procedure and may only require a few follow-up procedures
- The procedure is completely safe
- Laser hair removal is to be considered painless to many
- Laser hair removal is completely effective and many people experience permanent hair removal.
Laser Hair Removal Cons
- There can be a few side effects immediately following laser hair removal such as itching and burning (so does shaving)
- Several treatments may be needed (you have to shave daily)
- People with darker skin, or more melanin in their skin, have more success than people with lighter skin.
- Treatment prices can be considered expensive to some.
At the York Medical Spa, we have an affordable laser hair removal treatment that has been causing a lot of hype in the area. If you have unwanted hair on your legs, upper lip or neckline give us a call today!